April Zhu is a freelance journalist and writer based in Nairobi, Kenya. Her work focuses on gender, urban inequality, and China-Kenya relations. In this episode, NüVoices board member Cindy Gao talks to April about:
- How Nairobi is a city with a plot
- Why covering women’s issues helps us understand power
- “Ecosystems” of violence in Nairobi’s informal settlements
- Why the opposite of Sinophobia is not Sinophilia, but nuance
- What is missing in “China-Africa” discourse
LISTEN HERE or subscribe to the NüVoices podcast on your favourite podcast player.